RESIDENTIAL PERMISSION IN TURKEY
It is compulsory for foreigners to obtain residence permit who are to stay longer than the period allowed by a visa or exemption from it or 90 days. There are different types of residence permits depending on the purpose of stay.
The types of residence permits:
- Short-term residence permit
- Family residence permit
- Student residence permit
- Long-term residence permit
- Humanitarian residence permit
For detailed information about the types of residence permits, you can contact us or you can visit www.goc.gov.tr,
You can apply for residence permit in person
or through a legal representative.
In your first application of residence permit or application for a change of residence permit, a residence permit application document is issued that contains your identification data, residence permit application date and your appointment details. This document will give you permit to stay in Turkey until your application for residence is finalized. However, the rights given by this document will expire automatically once you leave Turkey.
When your application for residence permit is finalized, the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management will issue a residence permit application document for you. You can stay outside of Turkey for up to 15 days with this document and the receipt indicating that you paid the application fee.
Applications for residence permit are finalized after an interview and an assessment period. The decision of residence permit is given for each foreigner separetly. As a general rule, an application is processed within 90 days. The applicant is will be notified if the evaluation takes longer than 90 days.
If your application for residence permit is approved, your residence permit document/residence card that contains your personal details,
the foreigner identity number that starts with 99, and your province of residence is posted to the address that you specified during your application.
Therefore, you must make sure that your details are accurate and complete during your application. Necessary Documents for Residence Permit Applications
Especially foreign property buyers request to apply Long-term Residential Permission in Turkey. Getting a residence permit is easier than expected in Turkey.
- Residence Permit Application Form
- Photocopy of passport or travel document
- Four (4) biometric photographs
- Photocopy of the previous residence permit,
- Original e-signed / signed and stamped / sealed document showing that who has not received social assistance in the last three years
- Original e-signed / signed and stamped / sealed document indicating sufficient and regular financial means during the stay
- Criminal record (It can be both obtained from their own country authorities and Turkish judicial authorities.)
- Document/receipt showing that the residence permit card fee has been paid
- Valid health insurance
- Document showing that it is registered in the Address Registration System
- Document indicating the location of placement; If you are staying in your own house, a photocopy of the title deed;